We're hiring for an iOS Developer!
Canvas Networks is looking for an iOS developer to join a small, close-knit team building DrawQuest — iPad's premier drawing community. We're venture funded and backed by an incredible group of investors, who include Union Square Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, Lerer Ventures, SV Angel, Founder Collective, Joshua Schachter, and Chris Dixon.
We're investing in mobile and tablet in a big way and are looking for someone to help with our iOS engineering efforts. We're a young company with a brand new product, and are seeking a strong leader to grow with us as we grow as a company, and think it's a great time to join and make an impact.
We're tackling some interesting product and engineering challenges. To help us iterate and sustain momentum, we practice continuous deployment to the extent possible, which demands technical creativity with native Objective-C / Cocoa apps. On our backend servers, we ship upwards of twenty times a day — iOS development makes things more complex but it's an area we're interested in improving.
We ask a lot of our developers, but we offer a lot in exchange:
- Perks and benefits. Free lunch, an office arcade (3 cabinets!), competitive equity and salary with full benefits (health, dental, vision), take-what-you-need vacation.
- A great working environment, including whatever tools you need. Big monitors, the hardware setup you want. Sit-stand desks if you're into that kind of thing.
- A voice in product development. Decisions aren't made in a vacuum. Be a key player in building an amazing product.
- Transparency into the business. We review financials as a team monthly. Meetings aren't held behind closed doors.
Our office is in Union Square, Manhattan. If you don't live in New York City, we'll fix that.
Work with a great team
- Christopher "moot" Poole, founder of 4chan, and advisor to Lerer Ventures.
- Dave Mauro, who is most widely known for his artwork and web design for the band Anamanaguchi.
- Alex Ehlke, engineering lead and Python/Django expert.
- Eunsan Huh, community manager and maker of delicious baked goods.
- Nick Barr, who brings a deep understanding of community from his experience at Ning.
- Shaun Pendergast, iOS designer and illustrator. He spends his time tackling creative projects and wrestling monsters.
- Jim Roepcke, iOS Lead Developer. When he isn't drinking the Cocoa he's playing hockey or a board game.
We'd love to hear from you! If you're interested and want to learn more, send an e-mail with your resumé and a link to your portfolio or GitHub profile to: